his little sculpture of a perched eagle can guide the student of spiritual pursuits in two ways: first, through the totem teacher it represents (Eagle), and second, through the healing vibrations of the gemstone from which the image has been carved (Howlite).
Some of the spiritual lessons that Eagle teaches are:
- Power, freedom, transcendence.
- Capacity to remain connected to Earth Mother even while soaring to achieve high ideals.
- Promotion of truth within and outside of oneself.
- Development of insight on how to live with sacred intent and its fulfillment.
- Quintessential symbol of the spiritual warrior self.
Our tribal elders teach us that Grandfather Eagle keeps his promise to soar high every day and even perch in a tree now and then to watch the people and guarantee to Great Spirit that they are living according to sacred traditions that keep the Circle of Life whole.
Howlite can be found in green, white and blue varieties. Some of its healing properties include:
- Patience and serenity.
- Relief from stress.
- Overcoming insomnia due to an overactive mind.
- Retrieval of forgotten memories.
- Purification of critical or selfish behavior.
When meditating with this powerful totem carving, the challenge, of course, is to blend the universal teachings of the Eagle with the healing energies of the Howlite. We recommend exploring the vibrations of this carving by meditating with it outside in the open air and listening to the rhythm of your own breath as it connects to the universal rhythm of all life.
This howlite eagle would make an ideal gift for a loved one in need of its teachings and healing properties, for someone who has created a prayer wheel in her/his special meditation space or room, or for a collector of gemstones or tribal artifacts.