Hand-carved from a beautiful piece of red onyx, this gorgeous wolf fetish was designed by Zuni artist Bernard Laiwakete, who lives in western New Mexico. On one side of the wolf, a turquoise heart-line has been placed into the onyx, extending from the wolf’s mouth to belly. Both its eyes are composed of turquoise as well. This fetish is in wonderful vintage condition and is signed on the bottom.
This little fetish can guide the student of spiritual pursuits in two ways: first, through the totem teacher it represents (Wolf), and second, through the healing vibrations of the gemstone from which the image has been carved (Onyx).
Some of the spiritual lessons that Wolf teaches are:
- Combined use of instinct with intellect.
- Appetite for freedom.
- Awareness of the social importance of connections.
- Reconnection with personal spiritual truth.
- Need to overcome feeling threatened by or lack of trust in another person or oneself.
Our tribal elders teach us that Cousin Wolf is the example of personal freedom of expression within the greater circle of community for the well-being of all life.
As for Onyx, some of its spiritual, healing properties include:
- Inner strength, endurance and persistence.
- Enhancement of one’s core vitality (especially beneficial for body builders).
- Fundamental lesson of emotional neutrality.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of dream experiences.
- Physical stimulation and strengthening of the feet, ankles, and knees.
When meditating with this potent totem carving, the challenge, of course, is to blend the universal teachings of the Wolf with the healing energies of the Onyx. We recommend exploring the vibrations of this fetish while meditating silently within a circle of friends or encircled by the non-human voices of Creation.
This red onyx wolf with heart-line fetish so beautifully carved by Bernard Laiwakete would make an ideal gift for a loved one in need of its teachings and healing properties, for someone who has created a prayer wheel in her/his special meditation space or room, or for a collector of gemstones or tribal artifacts.
Note: As part of our End of Winter Sale, purchase of the Zuni Howling Wolf Fetish by Bernard Laiwakete comes with a free $25 Dogbotz Boneyard gift certificate, which can be redeemed during a future purchase at our online store. The expiration date of the gift certificate is one year after purchase of this item.