What inspires an artist to draw, paint, sculpt or photograph the images he or she chooses to depict or capture? Is it the desire to convey the subject matter as it genuinely exists, an impetus to relay the feelings the artist has toward the selected subject, or something in between or completely different? Each artist is unique and, hence, the relationship between artist and subject is subjective and often quite personal. In addition, style and medium are intimately integrated into the final portrayed image. So, the overall exploration of inspiration is both intriguing and fascinating to the viewer.
Since we are curious as well, the Dogbotz Boneyard Gallery, through its Summer 2019 Exhibition, presents diverse subject matter and the expressions of the artists stimulated by them.
Artists included in the “Artistic Inspiration” exhibit:
- Art Barkers Studio (Illustrative, Vintage Paper) - pending
- Marc Broadway (Fauvism, Acrylic) – on exhibit
- Daniel Brown (Realism, Oil) - pending
- Omar Castaneda (Expressionism, Oil) - pending
- Richard Del Ponte (Expressionism, Acrylic) - pending
- Bunny Griffeth (Impressionism, Watercolor) - pending
- George H. Grimm (Impressionism, Oil) -pending
- Sharon Kalstek (Photography, Color Photography) - pending
- Kathleen Kills Thunder (Abstract, Acrylic) - pending
- Laurel Lake McGuire (Realism, Watercolor) - pending
- Tatyana Leksikova (Expressionism, Acrylic) – on exhibit
- Jan Pastor (Impressionism, Watercolor) - pending