This little sculpture can guide the student of spiritual pursuits in two ways: first, through the totem teacher it represents (Coyote), and second, through the healing vibrations of the gemstone from which the image has been carved (Opalite).
Some of the spiritual lessons that Coyote teaches are:
- Cunning, cleverness, and the ability to negotiate difficult situations.
- Perception of the truth.
- Awakening to how one is merely fooling oneself.
- Removal from potentially dangerous or life-threatening circumstances.
- Protection of the home and family.
Our tribal elders are always reminding us “not to chase after Old Man Coyote or be chased by him, but rather to sit upon his back and know where you’re really going.”
Though opalite is the luminous blue, manmade "sea opal glass" often used in making jewelry, it still possesses many healing attributes in spiritual work. Some of these properties include:
- Improvement of communication, especially at a spiritual level.
- Assistance with transitions of all kinds (e.g., work, relationship, location, education, and health).
- Persistence in achieving goals and success in business ventures.
- Stabilization of mood swings and reduction of fatigue.
- Development of sexual stamina and prowess.
When meditating with this gorgeous totem carving, the challenge, of course, is to blend the universal teachings of the Coyote with the healing energies of the Opalite. We recommend exploring the vibrations of this carving by placing it in direct sunlight to be inspired by its opalescence and the messages emanating from it.
This opalite coyote would make an ideal gift for a loved one in need of its teachings and healing properties, for someone who has created a prayer wheel in her/his special meditation space or room, or for a collector of gemstones or tribal artifacts.