Serpentine derives its name from the similarity of its green color and often smooth surfaces to the skin of some snakes. Serpentine can vary in color from pale yellow-green to deep forest green to almost black. Some varieties contain spots of magnetite.
This light olive-toned sphere was mined, cut, and polished in Peru. Its diameter is approximately 2.125” and its weight is 6.0 ounces. The light green stone comes with a small plastic stand upon which to place the gemstone sphere.
Some of the spiritual, healing properties of serpentine include:
- Rousing of the kundalini energies, particularly at the sacrum (base of the spine).
- Enlightenment and intense awakening of psychic and spiritual phenomena.
- Reestablishment of a healthy, natural flow of physical energy.
- Evolution and transformation of the self.
- Profound connection with the plant, animal and mineral kingdoms.
- Accumulation of perennial wisdom and insight.
This dynamic sphere would make an ideal gift for a gemstone collector, for a loved one in need of its healing properties, or for someone who has created a prayer wheel in her/his special meditation space or room.