This little sculpture can guide the student of spiritual pursuits in two ways: first, through the totem teacher it represents (Snake), and second, through the healing vibrations of the gemstone from which the image has been carved (Tiger Eye).
Some of the spiritual lessons that Snake teaches are:
- Connection with the sexual and creative life force.
- Healing throughout the kundalini.
- Compassion, clairvoyance and charm.
- Wisdom and discernment.
- Death and then rebirth by shedding one’s “old skin.”
- Befriending the enemy within and outside oneself.
Our tribal elders remind us that Mother Snake has much to teach us in the area of personal growth and transformation. Like her, we must learn to molt our old skins and shed what is no longer serving us to help our community. Through the vulnerability that comes with “shedding,” we learn whom we can really trust to shield and protect us until we have been reborn into a higher self.
Tiger eye reflects the elemental powers of nurturance and protection of Mother Earth through its yellowish brown color as well as that of fiery vitality of Grandfather Sun through the golden chatoyancy that makes the gemstone shimmer. Some of its healing properties include:
- Stamina, practicality and effective action.
- Ability to remain grounded, centered and calm regardless of the outer or inner situation.
- Activation of the intellect, sharpening the sword of logic.
- Balance between extremes.
- Discernment, not judgment; leadership, not management.
When meditating with this potent totem carving, the challenge, of course, is to blend the universal teachings of the Snake with the healing energies of the Tiger Eye. We recommend exploring the vibrations of this carving by keeping it with or near you in a pocket, pouch or purse as you go about your daily life, focusing with each breath on remaining focused, centered and serene.
This tiger eye snake would make an ideal gift for a loved one in need of its teachings and healing properties, for someone who has created a prayer wheel in her/his special meditation space or room, or for a collector of gemstones or tribal artifacts.