This men’s tribal necklace was acquired by Dogbotz Boneyard co-owner Patrick Price at an intertribal powwow at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee more than 30 years ago. The simple yet potent necklace is made from a piece of black obsidian that has been shaped into an arrowhead. Accompanying the pendant is a gold-plated 20” chain.
Obsidian is a glassy, silica-rich volcanic rock whose structure has no regular geometric pattern. Since obsidian breaks with as very sharp conchoidal fracture, it is ideal for making arrowheads and has often been fashioned as such since Paleolithic times. Obsidian arrowheads were much sought after by tribal hunters.
Some of the spiritual, healing properties of black obsidian include:
- Elimination of negative energies in oneself (anger, resentment, greed, etc.) and one’s environment.
- Purification of addictive, abusive behaviors so action can be taken to clear their root causes.
- Understanding of, but not alignment with, the darker side of one’s nature.
- Grounding oneself to the heart of Mother Earth and living with respect for all beings and creatures.
- Promotion of all types of scrying, including spiritual communication.
This powerful necklace would make an ideal gift for a cherished male family member or friend in need of its healing properties, or if you’re seeking to balance the divine masculine within you, consider purchasing it for your own well-being.